Welcome to www.teachrock.org, the official website of The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc. (our “Site”)! We may refer to ourselves, on this page, as: “Rock and Roll Forever,” “RRFF,” “we,” “our,” or “us.”
1. Personally identifiable information
PII refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data (e.g., address), an online identifier (e.g., user name) or to other factors specific to that person. Examples of PII include, but are not limited to: name, address, phone number, and email address. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously or rendered anonymous through further processing (e.g., aggregated data).
2. What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected?
RRFF collects PII solely relating to its non-profit activities. The types of PII collected include information provided by individuals (“Data Subjects”), including:
- Account Registration Information. Information provided by a user when registering for an account on the Site, including both mandatory and optional information. Mandatory information includes user name, email address, status as teacher or student, grade level, subject(s) taught (teachers only), zip code, and US or non-US location, and confirmation of age as 13 or older. Optional information includes user’s full name.
- Transaction Information. Information relating to donations processed on the website is collected by us and our payment processor. We collect the name of the person who makes a donation and the amount, but payment processing (including collection of credit card or other payment numbers) is handled by a third party (PayPal).
- Customer Service Communications. Information relating to contacts from users seeking assistance with respect to login and/or registration on the Site.
- Website log information. RRFF tracks information on page views, content views and file downloads. Data collected includes IP address and time of access/viewing/downloading.
3. How does The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation use Personally Identifiable Information?
RRFF uses PII to operate its business and provide the services you request, including:
- Opening and maintaining user accounts that allow access to services provided by RRFF;
- Marketing RRFF products and services, including communicating with users regarding new offerings, including new services available on the site, as well as special activities, events and tours;
- Soliciting and receiving donations;
- Improving existing products and services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Protecting the Site and Site users/members, by helping to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues;
- Complying with legal obligations;
- Complying with lawful requests for information, including but not limited to search warrants and subpoenas.
RRFF also discloses personal information to third party vendors when necessary to operate RRFF’s business, such as for purposes of maintaining RRFF’s computer system or performing any of the actions described above. Disclosures to such third parties are limited to only that information necessary for the third party to provide services to RRFF. Further, we take commercially reasonable and appropriate measures, based on the level of risk, to require that third party vendors with access to PII use such PII only for the purpose of providing service to RRFF and use reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard such information.
4. What choices are available to visitors regarding collection, use and distribution of information?
You may access public portions of the Site without providing any PII to RRFF. The Site provides temporary access to RRFF resources, but blocks such access after a certain number of views, by tracking usage via a cookie placed on the user’s machine. This cookie does not transmit information to RRFF.
If you choose to register as a member, you must provide your name and an email address so that we may maintain your user account, notify you of new content, and assess the size of our user base. We also request that you provide address and school information to assist us in improving and tailoring the content of our programs for you and other users.
If you have previously provided us with information and/or have consented to be contacted by email or other means regarding our services, you may withdraw that consent by unsubscribing from the website.
Visitors and Authorized Customers also may opt out of receiving unsolicited information, or from being contacted, by us and/or our vendors, partner companies, and affiliated agencies by responding to e-mails as instructed, or by contacting us at: (212) 868-9000.
5. Are cookies used on our site?
Many web browsers automatically contain an option that allows you to disable cookies. As a visitor to the RRFF website, you may choose to disable cookies on your browser. However, if you choose to disable cookies, you will be unable to use certain functions on the RRFF website.
RRFF does not allow unrelated third parties to set cookies via RRFF’s website.
RRFF uses web beacons to monitor the activity of our email messages. Web beacons are electronic images that allow RRFF’s email service provider to obtain information when an email is opened. When an e-mail is opened, the web beacon is able to obtain the computer’s IP address and the links that each user clicked within the e-mail. The information that RRFF collects from web beacon technology is anonymous. The information is not personally identifiable because it does not specifically identify the individual user.
6. How does Rock and Roll Forever use login information?
We use login information, including but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and browser types, to analyze trends, administer our Site, track visitors’ movement and use, and gather broad demographic information of our registered users who have voluntarily provided such information to us (e.g., school, grade level taught).
7. How does Rock and Roll Forever keep personally identifiable information secure?
RRFF uses commercially reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of PII provided to or collected by RRFF. While no security measures can be 100% secure, RRFF actively considers the level of risk associated with the PII it collects and stores to design and implement appropriate security measures.
PII is only accessible to a limited number of authorized RRFF employees and/or vendors who have a need for such access as part of their work on behalf of RRFF to operate the business and provide the services you request.
While we take reasonable measures to maintain a secure Site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and breaches, and we cannot, and do not, guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place.
By using our Site, Visitors and Authorized Customers are subject to this Policy and impliedly and expressly agree that The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc. and its subsidiaries and agents, shall not be held liable for any such occurrences arising from the criminal acts and/or tortious fault or negligent conduct of others (including, but not limited to, acts taken by employees or authorized agents of Rock and Roll Forever that are outside the scope of employment or duty).
8. How long do we retain personally identifiable information?
RRFF maintains PII you submit to RRFF for as long as you remain a member of RRFF. If you choose to unsubscribe from RRFF’s Site, your information is deleted from our database.
9. How do we handle children’s personally identifiable information?
Our Site is directed to a general audience comprised primarily of adult users and students who are 13 years old or older. Therefore, we do not intentionally collect PII from children under the age of 13. If RRFF receives notice that it has collected PII of a student under the age of 13, RRFF will delete such information unless RRFF receives a valid authorization from a parent or guardian to retain such information.
10. How may we be contacted?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, our contact information is as follows:
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc.
434 Avenue of the Americas #6
New York, NY 10011
Phone: (212) 868-9000
11. How can you exercise your privacy and data protection rights?
RRFF supports common internationally-recognized data subject rights to control collection and processing of a data subject’s PII.
Upon confirmation of a data subject’s identity to RRFF’s reasonable satisfaction, RRFF will assist an individual in exercising applicable data subject rights. Please note, however, that these data subject rights are not unlimited and must be balanced against other applicable rights, interests and obligations of RRFF and other RRFF users, as allowed pursuant to applicable law.
Depending on the nature and frequency of access requests, we may charge you no fee or a reasonable fee to respond to a data subject access request as allowed by applicable law.
The rights you may be able to exercise include:
- Right to Access Personal Information. You may request that RRFF provide access to your PII. Unless a legally binding exception applies, RRFF will provide you with access to your PII within a reasonable period of time.
- Right to Correct, Update, or Supplement Personal Information. You may request that RRFF correct, update or supplement your personal information. Unless a legally binding exception applies, RRFF will update your PII within a reasonable period of time.
- Right to Erasure. RRFF will honor your request to delete PII we may hold about you, as long as such request does not unduly impair the rights of others, including RRFF. In some cases, however, due to legal or contractual requirements, it may not be possible to honor a request for erasure. In addition, even if RRFF honors a request for erasure, such a request will not apply to RRFF’s backup and/or disaster recovery systems, which will continue to be subject to deletion pursuant to RRFF’s ordinary course backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Right to Object, Restrict or Withdraw Consent. You have the right to contact RRFF to object to, request restriction of, or withdraw consent to processing of your PII. RRFF will honor such a request, as long as the request does not unduly impair the rights of another person, including RRFF, under applicable law. RRFF also may refuse the request, if such request is contrary to applicable law.
- Right to Data Portability. Wherever technically possible and legally allowed, RRFF will provide you with your PII in a reasonable machine-readable format.
To make a request to exercise your data subject rights, please complete the following request form and return to RRFF via any of the following means:
Via email to: email@example.com
Via mail to:
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc.
434 Avenue of the Americas #6
New York, NY 10011
Privacy and data protection rights change frequently and vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. RRFF also changes its business processes and practices from time-to-time. Thus RRFF may update or change this Policy from time-to-time to address changes in law or business practices affecting processing of PII by RRFF or on the RRFF Site.
We will inform users of changes to this Policy by email and by posting on the RRFF Site.
13. External Links
14. Regulatory contacts and enforcement
If you are in the European Union, you can file a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). The current list of DPAs is maintained at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located outside the EU, you may be able to file a complaint with your jurisdiction’s privacy authority or other organization with responsibility for privacy matters in your jurisdiction. RRFF is committed to working proactively with all regulatory agencies to honor applicable data subject rights under the laws that apply to RRFF’s activities.
Last Updated: July 3, 2018