Effect Date: 6/8/2020
Welcome to www.teachrock.org, the official website of The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc. (our “Site”)! We may refer to ourselves, on this page, as: “Rock and Roll Forever,” “RRFF,” “we,” “our,” or “us.”
1. Personally identifiable information
PII refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data (e.g., address), an online identifier (e.g., user name) or to other factors specific to that person. Examples of PII include, but are not limited to: name, address, phone number, and email address. PII does not include information that is collected anonymously or rendered anonymous through further processing (e.g., aggregated data).
2. What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected?
When you use the Site, information may be collected about you and your use of the Site in a variety of ways.. First, RFF collects information that users provide us directly, such as:
- Account Registration Information. Information provided by a user when registering for an account on the Site. If you choose to register, you must provide your name and an email address so that we may maintain your user account, notify you of new content, and assess the size of our user base. We also request that you provide certain address and school information to assist us in improving and tailoring the content of our programs for you and other users.
- Transaction Information. Information relating to donations processed on the website is collected by us and our payment processor. We collect the name of the person who makes a donation and the amount, and we use a third party (PayPal) to provide payment processing services (including collection of credit card or other payment numbers).
- Customer Service Communications. Information relating to contacts from users seeking assistance with respect to login and/or registration on the Site.
- Other Submissions. Other information submitted by users, such as information provided by users in response to surveys or similar outreach.
RRFF collects some information automatically, including through cookies and similar tracking technologies, when users use the Services. For example, we track information on page views, content views and file downloads, as well as other information about your browsing behavior on the Services. Data collected also includes browser type and operating system, IP address and/or other device IDs, and time of access/viewing/downloading.
Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services, and any differences in services are related to your information.
3. How does The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation use Personally Identifiable Information?
RRFF uses PII to operate its business and provide the services you request, including:
- Providing you with the products, services, and other materials you request, including opening and maintaining user accounts that allow access to services provided by RRFF;
- Marketing RRFF products and services, including communicating with users regarding new offerings, including new services available on the site, as well as special activities, events and tours;
- Soliciting and receiving donations;
- Improving existing products and services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Assisting users with use of products and services; and
- Protecting the Site and Site users, by helping to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues.
RRFF may disclose PII to third parties in certain circumstances, including in the following circumstances:
- We rely on third-party service vendors to perform a variety of contractual services on our behalf. To do so, we may need to share your information with them. For example, we may rely on vendors to maintain RRFF’s computer system or enable us to perform any of the actions described above.
- We may share personal information to comply with legal obligations or respond to legal process, such as search warrants and subpoenas, or a request for cooperation by a government entity;
- We may disclose your information in the unlikely event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- We also may share information about you with third parties with your consent or at your direction.
If you choose to engage in public or interactive activities on the Site, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
If you access third-party services, such as social media services, through the Site, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Site, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
4. What choices are available to visitors regarding collection, use and distribution of information?
You may access public portions of the Site without providing any PII to RRFF. The Site provides temporary access to RRFF resources, but blocks such access after a certain number of views, by tracking usage via a cookie placed on the user’s machine. This cookie does not transmit information to RRFF.
If you have previously provided us with information and/or have consented to be contacted by email or other means regarding our services, such as when you registered, you may withdraw that consent by unsubscribing from the website.
If you have previously provided us with information and/or have consented to be contacted by email or other means regarding our services, you may withdraw that consent by unsubscribing from the website.
Users also may opt out of receiving unsolicited information, or from being contacted, by us by responding to e-mails as instructed, or by contacting us at: (212) 868-9000.
5. Are cookies and similar technologies used on our site?
When you use the Site, we and authorized third parties that provide analytics functions may use tracking technologies, such as:
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website’s server stores in your web browser. Consult our browser’s settings or support pages to assist you in managing cookies on your browser or device.
- Web beacon (also known as a pixel tag) is a small string of code that may be placed in a website, advertisement, or email.
Many web browsers automatically contain an option that allows you to disable cookies. As a user of the RRFF Site, you may choose to disable cookies on your browser. However, if you choose to disable cookies, you will be unable to use certain functions on the RRFF website.
RRFF does not allow third parties that we have not authorized to set cookies via RRFF’s website.
RRFF uses web beacons to monitor the activity of our email messages. Web beacons are electronic images that allow RRFF’s email service provider to obtain information when an email is opened. When an e-mail is opened, the web beacon is able to obtain the computer’s IP address and the links that each user clicked within the e-mail. The information that RRFF collects from web beacon technology is anonymous.
For all or some portions of the Site, information about your online activities may be collected over time and across different websites and other online services. Some of the third parties participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more.
6. How does Rock and Roll Forever use login information?
We use login information, including but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and browser types, to analyze trends, administer our Site, track users’ movement and use, and gather broad demographic information of our registered users who have voluntarily provided such information to us (e.g., school, grade level taught). Such uses assist us in our efforts to improve, tailor, and develop products and services.
7. How does Rock and Roll Forever keep personally identifiable information secure?
RRFF uses technical and organizational measures designed to help to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of PII provided to or collected by RRFF. While no security measures can be 100% secure, RRFF actively considers the level of risk associated with the PII it collects and stores to design and implement appropriate security measures.
PII is only accessible to a limited number of authorized RRFF employees and/or third party vendors who have a need for such access as part of their work on behalf of RRFF to operate the business and provide the services you request.
While we take reasonable measures to maintain a secure Site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and breaches, and we cannot, and do not, guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place.
8. How long do we retain personally identifiable information?
RRFF maintains PII you submit to RRFF for as long as you remain a registered user of RRFF. If you choose to unsubscribe from RRFF’s Site, your information is deleted from our database.
9. How do we handle children’s personally identifiable information?
Our Site is directed to a general audience comprised of adult users and students who are 13 years old or older. Therefore, we do not intentionally collect PII from children under the age of 13. If RRFF receives notice that it has collected PII of a student under the age of 13, RRFF will delete such information unless RRFF receives a valid authorization from a parent or guardian to retain such information.
10. How may we be contacted?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, our contact information is as follows:
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc.
434 Avenue of the Americas #6
New York, NY 10011
Phone: (212) 868-9000
11. How can you exercise your privacy and data protection rights?
RRFF supports certain data subject rights for users to control collection and processing of their PII in accordance with local laws.
Upon confirmation of a user’s identity to RRFF’s reasonable satisfaction or as otherwise required by law, RRFF will assist an individual in exercising applicable data subject rights. Please note, however, that these data subject rights are not unlimited and must be balanced against other applicable rights, interests and obligations of RRFF and other RRFF users, as allowed pursuant to applicable law.
Depending on the nature and frequency of access requests, we may charge you no fee or a reasonable fee to respond to a data subject access request as allowed by applicable law.
Where available under local laws, the rights you may be able to exercise include:
- Right to Access Personal Information. You may request that RRFF provide access to your PII. Unless a legally binding exception applies, RRFF will provide you with access to your PII within a reasonable period of time.
- Right to Correct, Update, or Supplement Personal Information. You may request that RRFF correct, update or supplement your personal information. Unless a legally binding exception applies, RRFF will update your PII within a reasonable period of time.
- Right to Erasure. RRFF will honor your request to delete PII we may hold about you, as long as such request does not unduly impair the rights of others, including RRFF. In some cases, however, due to legal or contractual requirements, it may not be possible to honor a request for erasure. In addition, even if RRFF honors a request for erasure, such a request will not apply to RRFF’s backup and/or disaster recovery systems, which will continue to be subject to deletion pursuant to RRFF’s ordinary course backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Right to Object, Restrict or Withdraw Consent. You have the right to contact RRFF to object to, request restriction of, or withdraw consent to processing of your PII. RRFF will honor such a request, as long as the request does not unduly impair the rights of another person, including RRFF, under applicable law. RRFF also may refuse the request, if such request is contrary to applicable law.
- Right to Data Portability. Wherever technically possible and legally allowed, RRFF will provide you with your PII in a reasonable machine-readable format.
To make a request to exercise your data subject rights, please complete the following request form and return to RRFF via any of the following means:
Via email to: email@example.com
Via mail to:
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation, Inc.
434 Avenue of the Americas #6
New York, NY 10011
Privacy and data protection rights change frequently and vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. RRFF also changes its business processes and practices from time-to-time. Thus RRFF may update or change this Policy from time-to-time to address changes in law or business practices affecting processing of PII by RRFF or on the RRFF Site.
We will inform users of changes to this Policy by email and by posting on the RRFF Site.
13. External Links
14. Regulatory contacts and enforcement
If you are in the European Union, you can file a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). The current list of DPAs is maintained at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located outside the EU, you may be able to file a complaint with your jurisdiction’s privacy authority or other organization with responsibility for privacy matters in your jurisdiction. RRFF is committed to working proactively with all regulatory agencies to honor applicable data subject rights under the laws that apply to RRFF’s activities.