National Core Arts Standards
- Anchor Standard #1: Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and artwork.
- Anchor Standard #2: Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #3: Refine and complete artist work.
- Anchor Standard #4: Select, analyze and interpret artistic work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #5: Develop and refine artistic technique and work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #6: Convey meaning through the presentation of work.
- Anchor Standard #7: Perceive and analyze artistic.
- Anchor Standard #8: Interpret intent and meaning artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #9: Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #10: Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experience to art.
- Anchor Standard # 11: Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understand.
Career Technical Education Standards (California Model) – Arts, Media and Entertainment Pathway Standards
Design, Visual and Media Arts (A)
- A1.0 Demonstrate ability to reorganize and integrate visual art elements across digital media and design applications.
- A2.0 Apply artistic skills and processes to solve a variety of industry-relevant problems in a variety of traditional and electronic media.
- A3.0 Analyze and assess the impact of history and culture on the development of professional arts and media products.
- A4.0 Analyze, assess, and identify effectiveness of artistic products based on elements of art, the principles of design, and professional industry standards.
- A5.0 Identify essential industry competencies, explore commercial applications and develop a career specific personal plan.
Performing Arts (B)
- B2.0 Read, listen to, deconstruct, and analyze peer and professional music using the elements and terminology of music.
- B8.0 Deconstruct the aesthetic values that drive professional performance and the artistic elements necessary for industry production.
Production and Managerial Arts (C)
- C6.0 Understand the key elements of developing and promoting a production from creation to distribution.