New Jersey State Standards
New Jersey State Learning Standards for English Language Arts
NJSLSA.R1: Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences and relevant connections from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
NJSLSA.R6: Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text.
NJSLSA.R8: Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, including the validity of the reasoning as well as the relevance and sufficiency of the evidence.
NJSLSA.R9: Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take.
NJSLSA.W1: Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
NJSLSA.W7: Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects, utilizing an inquiry-based research process, based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
NJSLSA.W9: Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
National Core Arts Standards
- Anchor Standard #4: Select, analyze, and interpret artist work for presentations.
- Anchor Standard #5: Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #6: Conveying meaning through presentation of artistic work
- Anchor Standard #7: Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Anchor Standards #8: Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #10: Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Anchor Standard #11: Relate artistic ideas and work with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.
National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies – National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- Theme 1: Culture
- Theme 2: Time, Continuity, and Change
- Theme 3: People, Place, and Environments