Music Connects Us, Even When We Must Be Apart
LITTLE STEVEN & TEACHROCK PROVIDE RESOURCES TO SUPPORT TEACHERS AND STUDENTS DURING COVID CRISIS
Teachers rallied and established distance learning, almost overnight. But now they need our help. Preparing a remote class can take 5 to 8 times longer than a classroom lesson, a task teachers must balance with the increased burden of social work and family responsibilities in this unprecedented time.
Students are isolated, away from classrooms and the emotional support of peer groups. Many could walk away from education completely. They must be supported and engaged with material that enriches their lives while providing hope and joy.
TeachRock has always provided free, high quality resources for teachers and we remain in solidarity, because as our founder Little Steven notes, “music connects us, even when we must be apart.”
TeachRock Distance Learning resources are currently used by K-12 facilitators of all subjects in over 100 NYC Public schools through the New York Edge network. Together, we can take them to the millions of students currently sheltering-at-home. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support Distance Learning.
HOW TO USE DISTANCE LEARNING PACKS
- Identify a pack based on interests, subject, and or age range (All Ages, Elementary, Middle, High School)
- Take a look at the objectives slide and activities
- Like it? Download and send it directly to your students!
TEACHROCK DISTANCE LEARNING PACKS
- Formatted for teachers to deliver directly to students
- Clear, concise instructions that empower non-educator family member participation
- Activity- and project-based
- Foster collaboration and communication
- Available for all subject areas and age ranges
- Feature authentic assessments such as art, podcasts, and videos
- Culturally responsive, engaging, and free